Tuesday, August 2, 2011

5k

Hello friends!
It has been a very long time since I have posted a blog. My life has been super busy, but not very exciting (nothing blog worthy has happened). I have been babysitting everyday and taking class and working at the church and eating and sleeping. Saturday I did go to King's Island, which is an amusement park. It was fun, but very, very HOT! Anyway....I get inspiration to do things at the weirdest times. The other day I was rocking Alister and thought to myself. "I wish I could run...I want to like running, but I am not good at it...I should talk to Simone (my friend who runs) and ask her if she has any tips for me"....Well I texted her about the whole idea and she thought it was a great one. SOOOO......I am announcing that I am training to run a 5k. I am not training to win it, but to finish it :) Yesterday I ran for 6 minutes straight. Simone and I figured that 6 mins would probably be about 1/2 mile. It was hard because it has been so hot. Today I am not running, but I am going to play tennis so that I have some form of exercise. Tomorrow I will run another 1/2 mile and I will then do the same on Friday. I hope that I can blog everyday that I run. I will try to keep you updated. The race is in two months. If you have any tips on diets or running let me know. I hope everyone is having a blessed week!

No comments:

Post a Comment